Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Zombie Cows

Here is a sneak peak from this last night's rehearsal. It's from The Rain Song, which is one of my favorite musical numbers in the show because it a) has almost everyone up on stage and I'm a sucker for ensemble pieces, b) features some fun choreography and c) the revival style music is just so catchy, you can't help wanting to clap and wave along!

Emily, our assistant stage manager and I lovingly refer to this song as the zombie cow song because of the line "There's dying cattle that will rise right up and live".



I particularly enjoy this snippet because it gives you a good idea of what rehearsals are like: the cast is focusing on singing and dancing while at the same time trying to incorporate (or ignore) whatever directions Chris shouts out at them.

And below is our charming music director, Paul. Doesn't this just make you want to come to rehearsal and join in the fun?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Paul, but I LOL'd at this for quite some time...
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carine-- now when I bust out laughing in the middle of this number tomorrow, you'll know it's because I have zombie cows stuck in my head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join you in the laugh-fest, but most likely because of Paul's incredibly jovial expression in this picture.

    ReplyDelete