Monday, November 9, 2009

From our very own Mother Goose...

My name is Erin and I'm playing a variety of ensemble roles in addition to Dot, a fun-loving goose who has to put up with her mostly-crazy husband, Greylag. I decided to audition for Honk not only because I was craving the chance to do another show (this is my 6th show at SMT) but because I love the music and story in this show. It covers so many different styles, has clever lyrics and very hummable melodies. Plus, I think the moral of the story, to appreciate people's differences, is one that is timeless and very appropriate for the world we live in.

There are so many moments in the show that I love, but I think the most powerful moment for me is the is the end of Act I when Ugly and Ida sing their duet. At this point in the show they are both searching for each other but neither one has given up hope that they will find each other. It helps that we we have two VERY talented people in these roles, but the way it was written, with their beautiful counter melodies; I just think is very powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment